Friday, July 29, 2011

Jason's Dall Sheep Hunt Day 8-9



The weather finally broke on day 8 and we were able to get out and start hunting for sheep again.  I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous about not finding a ram. But I knew we had to keep at it. We hunted all day and didn't see a single sheep.




On our way back to camp it was just about dark and I glassed up to where we had seen the rams from the first day and found the rams. I made the decision that it was getting late in the hunt and I hadn't seen another legal sheep. The only thing holding me back from taking the ram from the first day was the broken horn. I thought what the heck if I really want to I could have the taxidermist fix it. On day 9 we woke up early to try and get in on the rams. The plan worked perfect. they had only moved about 350 yds. We came up over a little rise and I was able to lie down with a good rest and take the ram.

No comments:

Post a Comment